What qualifications do I need to work in an airport?
Custodians or maintenance workers are responsible for the upkeep of the airport and are generally great entry level positions. Some security positions with the TSA only require you to pass a background check, have a high school diploma and be a US citizen of at least 18 years of age.
How is it to work for airlines?
Below are some of the common airline jobs and the level of education required.
- Flight attendant. Being a flight attendant typically only requires a high school diploma.
- Air traffic controller. This job requires either a bachelor’s degree or at least 3 years of responsible work experience.
How much do you make working at the airport?
Airport & Airline Salary Information
|Job Type||Average Starting Salary||Entry Level|
|Air Traffic Controller||$109,000 per year||No|
|Airport Security||Minimum Wage to $20 per hour||Yes|
|Airline Administrative Assistant||$7-$20 per hour||Yes|
|Airline Baggage and Cargo Handler||$9-$11 per hour||Yes|
23 more rows
What is the best job in airport?
Best Airport Jobs
- Ticketing / Gate Agent.
- Customer Service Representative.
- Flight Attendant.
- Aircraft and Avionics Equipment Mechanic and Technician.
- Air Traffic Controller.
- Airfield Operations Specialist.
- Transportation Security Officer.
- Airline Cargo Handling Supervisor.