What do you need to work for Homeland Security?
What Are The Requirements To Be A Homeland Security Agent?
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Able to pass a criminal background check.
- Qualify for a Secret or Top Secret security clearance.
- Pass a drug screening.
- Pass a polygraph examination.
- Pass a version of the civil service exam with a competitive score.
- High degree of physical fitness.
What kind of jobs are there in homeland security?
Here are 10 Homeland Security jobs you should consider.
- Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
- Secret Service (USSS)
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Federal Protective Service (FPS)
- Coast Guard (USCG)
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
What is it like to work for Homeland Security?
Department of Homeland Security employees help secure our borders, airports, seaports, and waterways; research and develop the latest security technologies; respond to natural disasters or terrorists assaults; and analyze intelligence reports.
How much does Homeland Security make an hour?
|Salary Range (Percentile)|
1 more row
Is a homeland security degree worth it?
But, is an online Homeland Security degree worth it? Yes, it’s one of the best professions for those interested in criminal justice and focusing on terrorism and disaster relief. Today, DHS is one of the largest federal agencies with more than 185,000 employees; the private sector has seen some growth as well.
Is there an age limit for homeland security jobs?
Secret Service/Department of Homeland Security
They have to meet tough, physical standards and cannot be older than 36 years.
What do FBI agents make?
A new FBI special agent earns a base salary of $43,441. According to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, locality pay, which can range from 12.5 percent to 28.7 percent of an agent’s salary, increases the agent’s wages.
How can I join CIA?
Candidates for CIA agent jobs in clandestine services must:
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Have strong interpersonal skills.
- Have a strong interest in international affairs.
- Be able to write clearly and accurately.
How can I join the Secret Service?
To become a Secret Service special agent, you should expect to:
- Obtain the education and/or experience levels needed for a position.
- Apply for an open position on the USAJOBS website.
- Take and pass a written examination called the SAEE.
- Take and pass the Applicant Physical Abilities Test (APAT).
- Undergo an interview.
How much does an ICE agent make?
ICE Agent Salary and Outlook
Like many federal agencies, ICE uses the GS federal pay scale to determine base annual salaries. Base salaries for ICE agents can start at GS 5, $29,350 a year, and go up to GS 13 or higher, $76,687, depending on an applicant’s qualifications and experience.
What does Homeland Security pay?
U.S. Department of Homeland Security pays its employees an average of $73,914 a year. Salaries at U.S. Department of Homeland Security range from an average of $42,106 to $128,216 a year.
How much do Secret Service agents make?
The average United States Secret Service salary ranges from approximately $57,393 per year for Security Specialist to $132,674 per year for Special Agent.