Human resources managers usually need a bachelor’s degree.
Candidates may earn a bachelor’s degree in human resources or in another field, such as finance, business management, education, or information technology.
Courses in subjects such as conflict management or industrial psychology may be helpful.
What kind of degree do you need to work in human resources?
To become an HR manager, you would need at least a bachelor’s degree; some employers require a master’s degree. Degrees are usually in human resources management, business administration or a related field. You may also need up to five years of experience. Certification is available but it is voluntary.
How do I start a career in HR?
- Step 1: Complete High School. High school students interested in the human resources career field may consider taking business-related courses.
- Step 2: Earn a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Step 3: Find Work.
- Step 4: Consider a Master’s Degree.
- Step 5: Consider Professional Certifications.
Is HR a good career?
Human resources is one of the fastest growing career paths in the United States. In addition to high-earning potential, a human resources career can be personally rewarding and offer longevity. It can even lead to an executive-level position within an organization.
How do I get an HR job with no experience?
Getting into Human Resources without an HR Degree
- Focus on Education and Training. According to the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), HR professionals can further their career by earning an appropriate professional certification:
- Gain Experience in HR.
- Cultivate Business Relationships.
- Kickstart Your HR Career at the UCPath Center.