Open Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides offline
- Open Chrome. Make sure you’re signed in to Chrome.
- Go to drive.google.com/drive/settings.
- Check the box next to “Sync Google Docs, Sheets, Slides & Drawings files to this computer so that you can edit offline.”
How do I make a document available offline?
If you’re using an Android phone, you can activate offline mode by opening the Google Drive or Docs app, pressing and holding a file that you’d like to access offline, and tapping the icon that looks like a checkmark.
How do I make Google Drive available offline?
Both Android and iPhone users will be able to save Google Docs, Sheets and Slides.
How to edit Google Docs offline: Mobile app
- Open your Google Drive app.
- Next to the file you want, tap “More” (three stacked dots).
- Tap “Make Available Offline.”
What is Google Docs offline extension?
Download the Google Docs Offline Extension
For offline access, this extension will let you use Google Docs, Slides, and Sheets even when you lose internet access.
How do I use Google Slides offline?
Make Google files available offline
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides app.
- Tap Menu .
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Make recent files available offline.