How do I start working on a film set?
Here are the most common and most effective ways to break into the film industry.
- Get to know someone who already works in the industry. There is a big difference between getting to know someone and simply asking the first person you see.
- Working in the Production Office.
How can I work in the film industry?
How to get into the Film Industry – Top 10 Tips
- Make stuff.
- Screen your films to a live audience.
- Build your own team.
- Work on other people’s films.
- Meet other filmmakers.
- Filmmaking is not just about directors, cameras, and lights.
- Learn your trade.
- Post Production needs you.
What should you not do on a film set?
10 Things You Should NEVER Do On A Film Set
- 10) Shout.
- 9) Run.
- 8) Ignore your radio / Not learn how it works.
- 7) Sit down.
- 6) Talk back.
- 5) Interrupt the Director when he’s working with Actors.
- 4) Interrupt the 1st AD – ever.
- 3) Point.
Who works on a film set?
What Everyone Does on a Film Set
- Production. Personnel includes: Unit Production Manager, Production Coordinator, Production Secretary, Office PA’s, Assistants to Directors & Producers.
- Assistant Director. Personnel includes: 1st AD, 2nd AD, 2nd 2nd AD, Key PA, Set PA’s.
- Costumes & Wardrobe.