How do I get my Roku remote to work?
Re-Pair the Roku Remote
- Open the battery compartment and remove the batteries from the remote.
- Unplug the power from your Roku device and wait approximately 5 seconds, then reconnect the power cable.
- Once the Roku logo appears on the home screen, reinsert the batteries in the remote.
How do I connect my Roku remote to my TV?
Press and hold the pairing button located in your battery compartment. Do this for about 3 seconds, or until the pairing light starts flashing on the remote. Wait for the Roku to complete the pairing process. You will see a prompt on your TV when the remote has been successfully paired.
How do I fix an unresponsive Roku remote?
How to reset the Roku remote
- Remove the batteries from your Roku remote.
- Unplug the power cable from your Roku player, wait for 5 to 10 seconds, and plug it back in again.
- When you see the Roku’s home screen on your TV, insert the batteries in the remote.
Can I use my phone as a Roku remote?
Roku owners who walk on the Android side of the aisle have reason to celebrate: the company has released a version of its remote control app for Google’s mobile platform. The app will work with any Roku box and any Android device running version 2.1 or higher, as long as they’re both on the same Wi-Fi network.
Do all Roku remotes have a pairing button?
All Roku TVs, streaming sticks, and boxes come with a wireless remote control. Some Roku remotes use IR (Infrared Light) and require line-of-sight to work with a Roku, but don’t require pairing to work.
How do I connect my Roku to my soundbar?
All you need to do is follow the next few steps:
- Connect your soundbar to your Roku TV using an HDMI cable.
- Turn on your soundbar.
- Now turn on your Roku TV.
- In the main menu of Roku TV’s interface, open the “Settings.”
- Go to “System.”
- Go to the “Control other devices (CEC)” section.
How do I pair my Roku remote without the pairing button?
If you do not see a pairing button, you have a standard IR (infrared) remote that does not need to be paired to your Roku device. With a standard IR remote, you simply insert new batteries and point the remote directly at your Roku device when pressing buttons.
How do I link my Roku remote to my TV?
Roku remote pairing and troubleshooting –
Why is my remote not working?
Open the battery compartment on the back of the remote and remove both batteries. Press and hold any button on the remote for 20 Seconds. Release the button and reinsert the batteries properly. If the remote does not work, there may be something wrong with the remote or with the remote sensor on the TV.
Why is my Roku not turning on?
Hold down every single button on the remote for five seconds. Then, replace the batteries. Next, unplug the power cord from the Roku, wait for five seconds, plug the power cord back into the Roku, and wait for Roku banner. If your Roku device is not getting on then you need to be reset both Remote and Roku device.
Why does my Roku not work?
Remove the power supply from the Roku box/stick (or go to Settings > System > System Restart > Restart if you have an IR Roku remote that’s still working). Wait 10 seconds and then reconnect your Roku box to the power. Wait for the Home screen to load. Reinsert the batteries into your Roku remote.
Can I listen to Roku through my phone?
To use private listening with the Roku app, download the Roku app to your Android or iOS device and make sure your phone is connected to the same wireless network as your Roku. Open the app and connect either wired or Bluetooth headphones to your phone and private listening will be enabled.
Can I use a universal remote for my Roku?
Background. The remote that is included with your cable or satellite box may be able to be programmed to control certain functions of your Roku TV. Select universal and replacement remotes can also be programmed for use with Roku TV.
How can I control my Roku stick without the remote?
Use the mobile app instead.
- Download the Roku app. Acquire the app for Windows, Android or iOS, and link it with your Roku. (Both devices will need to be on the same wireless network.)
- Tap “Remote.” The mobile app remote can do everything a remote control can do, and in some cases, even more.