What does it mean to work the steps in AA?
Step One of AA: The Journey Begins
The first step of anything is a beginning, so the first step of the Alcoholics Anonymous 12 steps is the beginning of your recovery process.
Doing the 12 steps is also referred to as “working” the steps, because it requires willingness, effort and action.
How do you do Sponsee 12 steps?
How To Work the 12 Steps of AA With Your Sponsee
- Step 1: We are powerless over alcohol and lives unmanageable.
- Step 2: We think only a Higher Power can bring us to sanity.
- Step 3: Turn over our lives to the care of God.
- Step 4: Searched for moral faults and character defects.
- Step 5: Apologized for all the wrong we have done while using.
How long is a 12 step program?
How Long will it Take me to Work Through All 12 Steps? You attend an AA or NA meeting and you hear all of the other recovering addicts tout that they’ve been clean and part of the 12 Step program for 90 days, 120 days, 1 year, 2 years—sometimes longer.
What is step 4 of the 12 steps?
Understanding Step 4 of the 12 Steps. There is a saying in the 12-step programs that recovery is a process, not an event. The same can be said for Step 4: “Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.”