8 Ways to Deal With Someone You Can’t Stand Dealing With
- Have a clear plan and mentally rehearse it.
- Practice self-care beforehand.
- Be mindful of your physical body.
- Don’t personalize.
- Remember that you are loved.
- Try compassion.
- Stick to your boundaries.
- Enlist a comrade.
How do you work with people you cant stand book?
Dealing with People You Can’t Stand: How to Bring Out the Best in People at Their Worst. With their 1994 international bestseller, Dealing with People You Can’t Stand, Drs. Rick Brinkman and Rick Kirschner armed a civility-starved world with no-nonsense strategies for dealing with difficult people with tact and skill.
What to do when you can’t stand your coworkers?
How To Deal With A Coworker You Can’t Stand
- Reflect On Your Own History. Sometimes, people set us off because they remind us of someone we dislike elsewhere in our lives.
- Make Your Needs Known.
- Check Your Expectations.
- Recognize Your Triggers.
- Ditch Assumptions.
- Realize You’re Not Going To Like Everyone.
How do you deal with working with someone you hate?
How to Work with Someone You Hate
- What the Experts Say. If you work with someone you don’t like, you’re not alone.
- Manage your reaction.
- Keep your distaste to yourself.
- Consider whether it’s you, not them.
- Spend more time with them.
- Consider providing feedback.
- Adopt a don’t-care attitude.
- Principles to Remember.