40 Great Jobs You Can Get Without a Degree
Many high school jobs do not require a college diploma, and they allow you to learn while you work, emphasizing skills over experience. Data entry clerks, drivers, and administrative assistants are some of the most promising career options for you, and they all require basic computer skills and strong work ethics.
What job pays well without a degree?
25 High-Paying Jobs You Can Get Without a Four-Year Degree
- Air Traffic Controller. Median salary: $122,990.
- Elevator Installer and Repairer. Median salary: $84,990.
- Nuclear Technician. Median salary: $82,080.
- Dental Hygienist. Median salary: $76,220.
How do you get a job that requires a degree without one?
When you apply for a job and don’t have the required degree, reach out to anyone you know at the company and let them know you’re applying. See if they’ll write you a recommendation or tell the hiring manager about you.
What is the best entry level job without a degree?
Training is either short-term or non-existent.
- Detectives and criminal investigators.
- Power distributors and dispatchers.
- Elevator installers and repairers.
- Commercial pilots.
- Transportation inspectors.
- Gas plant operators.
- Petroleum pump system operators, refinery operators, and gaugers.
How can I make 100k without a degree?
Here are 14 examples of high-paying jobs that don’t require a college diploma and pay over $100,000.
- Real Estate Broker.
- Sales Consultant.
- Air Traffic Controller.
- Virtual Assistant.
- Firefighter or Police Officer.
- Site Manager.
- Firefighter or Police Officer.
What is the quickest career to get?
High-paying, fast-growing jobs that don’t require a lot of education
- Commercial Diver.
- Paralegal or Legal Assistant.
- HVAC Technician.
- Surgical Technologist.
- Heavy Equipment Operator.
Does Amazon hire without degree?
Even if you’ve worked for Amazon for more than a decade in direct management, don’t expect to be promoted to an actual AM position, at Tier 4 or above, unless you have a degree.
Do jobs check for your degree?
Most degrees can be verified through the applicant’s school’s records office, but sometimes a third-party company is used, which usually comes with a fee.
Do employers prefer degrees or experience?
Employers believe that applicants with a college degree are more “job-ready” than those without a degree, and that candidates with degrees possess more hard and soft skills than non-degreed candidates, according to the study.
What job pays $40 an hour?
Makeup Artist. If you’re creative and know your way around an eyeshadow palette, becoming a freelance makeup artist offers a flexible hourly job that pays anywhere from $13 to $40 per hour, according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics. Makeup artists are the highest-paid workers in the cosmetology industry, according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics.
How can I make $20 an hour without a degree?
With little or no experience or a degree, there are 17 jobs that pay $20 an hour.
- #1. Proofreading. #2. Virtual Assistant. #3. Small Business Marketing. #4. Bookkeeping. #5. Website Development and Computer Programming. #6. Freelance Writing. #7. Online Tutoring. #8. Website Testing.
What jobs pay $30 an hour without a degree?
We’ll look at over 100 jobs that pay $30 an hour and don’t require a college diploma. Specialize to earn more:
- Steam Developer.
- Kubernetes Developer (for servers)
- React Developer.
- Unreal Engine Developer (gaming industry)
- Machine Learning and AI Developer.
- WordPress Developer.
- Shopify Developer.
- Squarespace Developer.
What jobs pay 50k a year without degree?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there are nine jobs that pay $50,000 or more per year and don’t require a bachelor’s degree.
- Insurance sales agent.
- Wind turbine technician.
- Fire inspector.
- Executive assistant.
- Occupational therapy assistant.
What jobs pay $300000 a year?
Look at some of the jobs that pay top earners $300,000 per year if you want to make a lot of money.
- Chief executive officer (CEO)
- Chief financial officer (CFO)
- Principal software architect.
- Obstetrics and gynecology physician.
- Emergency medicine physician.
What jobs pay 200k a year?
- Anesthesiologist. On average, doctors who administer anesthesia earn $246,320, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
- Nurse anesthetist.
- Chief executive.
- Marketing manager.
- Computer and information systems manager.